Monday, February 21, 2011

Getting away

What a beautiful and relaxing weekend we have had.  My dad rented a house in Cambria for a long weekend with the family.  Sadly the house is not on the beach, but we are walking distance from the ocean.  The house is quite nice!  3 bedrooms, full kitchen, living room, dinning room, 2.5 bathrooms all for a very reasonable price.  And the view is beautiful!  Not of the ocean unfortunately, but of the mountains.
 
Today we went to the beach.  It's still a bit chilly here on the coast, though I hear just last week it was in the 70's!  It still felt so good to sit in the sun and watch the waves crash on the beach.  Large rocks sticking up out of the water held all kinds of fun things; crabs of all sizes, sea anemones, barnacles, and other shells. On the beach lay what at first appeared to be large hoses, but turned out to be huge seaweed stalks.  They had been washed up onto the shore and lay stinking in the sun.  Far out in the ocean we could see the seals riding the waves.  I love the ocean!  I think I need to live closer to it, or at least visit it more often.

My sister Merry and brother in-law Sam are here with us as well.  Merry is now almost to her third trimester! She's experiencing funny cravings.  The rocks, sand, and dirt were making her mouth water.  LOL I snapped this picture of her (without her knowing it) pounding a rock into dust so she could eat the rock powder!
Only those of us that have experienced this strange craving will understand. 

Next, we took a drive to a sea side town 20 minutes away from Cambria.  We looked in a few antique shops, a few of us walked out to the pier.  Then our hungry stomachs brought us back to Cambria where we had lunch at a very cute little place in down town.  The town was very quaint; little shops, old buildings.  I wish I had gotten pictures of it.  Next time...

Now the day is over.  It's almost 1 am!  I'm sitting by the fire enjoying it's warmth wishing I could stay here forever.  I really should be in bed, I must stop resisting the inevitable; the end to our beautiful stay in Cambria.

2 comments:

  1. This is Really cute Lizzy! I love it! :-) I will really have to work on mine now to make it cool! Love you and thanks for sharing my private cravings on here LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, glad you enjoyed it. And your welcome! Heehee...I just thought it was to funny not to share. ;) love you

    ReplyDelete