Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Countdown to Christmas

It's that time of year! Can you feel it? Christmas is in the air. Are you ready?

This year I've been searching for just the right Christmas countdown. I wanted something that would help us make memories and that would make this time of year special. I was on pinterest AGAIN and found an adorable countdown here heartland paper. It looked so easy to make I decided to give it a try. Here's my finished product:

Just 25 matchboxes, brown paper, scrapbook paper, stickers, magnets, a cookie sheet and your done! Well, it's a bit more time consuming then it sounds, but oh so fun! I think the used cookie sheet adds to the cuteness of this countdown, plus it was free! ;)

Then I wrote little projects or family activities to do on a bit of scrapbook paper and put one in each little box.

A few of the fun things included are:
Walk Christmas tree lane
Drink hot cocoa and read Christmas stories
Make gifts for friends
Make christmas cookies

Marcus can't wait to open the first box in the morning! December is going to be full of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment