Monday, March 26, 2012

Box it up!

I was browsing some of my favorite blogs the other day, and came across a tutorial for fabric covered boxes!

Do you know how expensive these boxes are in the store?! It's crazy!

So, I had a lonely box and some cute fabric! A perfect project for a rainy day! If you are interested in making these boxes, check out the tutorial HERE. I'll just show you a few pictures of what I did.

My box with just the bottom covered
Half way through I thought it was a pretty worthless idea! I had glue all over the place, including my fingers! Very much dislike the glue!! It did the trick though, and as far as I know, the fabric is still stuck to the box. My box was just not looking very cute to me.

The box with sides all done
Almost done and I was still thinking I had just waisted some cute fabric on a box!!

Box all done, but still needing something
 Then I put in the grommets! Wow!! They really make this box come to life and give it that finishing touch.

Much better!
And with the ribbon threaded through for handles...suddenly a totally awesome fabric covered box!!

Much, much better!!
Adorable!
Here it is in use! Looks so much better than the ugly brown box that I had before. 


I think this box needs a little prettying up now too!


 I would suggest doing this project some place where you don't mind getting glue everywhere. Or just lay rags down to protect your surfaces.

Now, don't you want to make one? Who says storage has to be just an ugly old box! Give your Papers and things a pretty home to live in!

4 comments:

  1. Loved this! My mom covered some shoeboxes with wrapping paper for my baby's clothes, but I remember her saying she'd love to do it with fabric. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! You have so many fabric options in Bangkok! I wish I could go shopping in china town now that I know how to sew!! How fun that would be! Maybe someday! :) Enjoy that cute baby of yours!

      Delete
  2. You guys have a home here if you ever come to Thailand for a visit. By the way, thanks to your blog, I've discovered other blogs with interesting ideas! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd love to visit!! One of these days we will!! The world of blogs is amazing, isn't it?! I enjoy it so much! I need to get back on and do more blogging! I've just been so busy!

      Delete